2.01.2008

Tomorrow Is a New Day!

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day.”
Ralph Waldo Emerson

It's just been one of those days and I thought this quote was a great way to end it. Absurdities, indeed! It's been a husband out of town for a week not to return for another four days - baby sick - throwing up everywhere- out of Pedialyte - off to the store for more but wait - dead car battery - running on 3 hours of sleep - have to cancel the babysitter and mom's night out -kind of days! Really more humorous than anything!

On a good note, I got our taxes done tonight. My goal is always to have them done by February 1st each year and since I just finally got Jeramy's W2 today, I barely made my deadline. We've been getting refunds the past several years, so I get a little gung-ho to get them done because I want our money back. I know it's lame to be giving the government an interest free loan. I used to meticulously calculate things each year so we'd break even. I've just decided it's too much hassle to stay on top of and, to be honest, it's kind of nice to get a little late winter "bonus". I realize I'm a complete geek - or "keener" as I was lovingly referred to by my high school pals -- to admit that I actually enjoy doing them. I'm not so sure if it's the anticipation of getting a check in the mail as much as the fact that it reminds me of my career days when I used to be smart and utilize a much larger portion of my brain on a daily basis. Whatever it is - I can now check taxes off my list for another year and start fantasizing about what I would love to buy with some of our refund. I've had my eye on this adorable dress at Anthropologie......

4 comments:

Courtney said...

I've had days like that.

As for the taxes, I just barely completed my first tax return last year (for the foundation I am the treasurer of). Other than that I am completely tax-dumb. Luckily Jeff seems to like to do them.

Rebecca said...

Dang, and I thought I was good that my refund always came before Tax day...yours are done and it's only February 2nd! Way to go!

Sorry to hear about the car and sick kids. But I liked the quote :)

Darrel Nelson said...

I love your attitude, Tam. You're such a good mother and homemaker!


Wish you were here to do our taxes.

Love you, Jeramy, and my little, active munchkins. Mom

Darrel Nelson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.