1.12.2010

Potty Training

Finn will be 3 in a few weeks. so it is probably time for me to get serious about potty-training him. So, here's how today went.

2:45pm - He wants his Spiderman "underwears" on with no diaper. First time with no diaper.

3:20 - Put him on the potty to try. "It's not working!" He says. Give him a gumball for trying.

4:50 - Try again, still nothing. Another gumball. The mass of chewed gum in his stomach is starting to grow.

5:20 - He pees all over the carpet.

We've got our work cut out for us. Really, diapers are not that bad.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

If you aren't in a hurry, this method worked well with my girls and is what I am currently doing with Chase since I am in no rush. For a month or two before I want to train I stick them on the potty once every day or two. That way they get used to the potty with no pressure to perform. By the time I am ready to really potty train they know how to potty on the toilet and the transition is easier. Good luck. I hate PTing.